Because of this crappy weekend, I have decided to have today's blog entry focus on how to stop being lazy. I did a little research and found this Wiki article on laziness. Here are the steps they said to take in order to stop being lazy:
1. Set goals that are high but you can reach them. Make a to-do list (these really work if you can not get overwhelmed by them!)
2. Wake up earlier (I cannot emphasize how much I agree with this tip). Shower and get fully dressed every morning at a decent hour. Do not leave your room until you get this done (but don't be like me and use this as an excuse not to go out anywhere!)
- what else can you use as a motivator to get done? How about not having breakfast until you are fully dressed?
3. Eat healthy
Number's 3 and 4 are a bit patronizing, aren't they? In fact all of these tips are pretty obvious. Lets see if I can come up with something a little more helpful. I found a good article on how to stop being lazy at work, but this isn't exactly what I mean by laziness.
Suprisingly, I found a lot of really amazing answers on Yahoo! Answers for the question, "How do you stop being lazy?".
Here are some of the answers from that site that I really found useful:
- "Try getting up early, get your metalbolism going by doing work outs. I do Denise Austin every morningcalled slow and fit. After about four days you will begin to really feel the difference and have energy all day. Get enough sleep also."
I like this tip because it really would kill two birds with one stone- you would be exercising and curing your laziness at the same time! Plus you follow along with a video so this helps those of you who need someone following along and pushing them to do the right thing.
- "First step is to do one thing a day where you go outside and two days a week where you go somewhere. Does not have to be for a long time just has to be done. Like go sit on back poarch where no one can see you and read and then walk accross yard. Then next day go to store and get something small for reward. Watch it is not candy as sugar makes depression worse and makes you fat on your medication. As you do a little, add just a few minutes and little things here and there. Even if you are still depressed, you will get moving."
I like this tip best of all. This makes getting out and doing stuff seem attainable. I could sit outside for a little while, even in this cold weather, if it will help me attain more of a 'busy' living-life spirit!
- This are some really funny tips, who knows I may resort to these if my willpower stays down in the dumps!
"1.Put needles, points up, on all the seats in your home so that when you sit down,well, you know.
2.Sleep on the kitchen floor so you don't over sleep.
3.Run laps around your neighborhood screaming "I WILL NOT BE LAZY!!" over and over again.
4.Hire someone (or two or three someones) to slap you in the face with a fly swatter every time you don't do a chore. (Make sure to pay them well, and make them Promise to slap you.)
5.Duck tape all the screens in your house (computer, TV, etc.).
6.When you eat, put the food on the floor, and do push-ups. Down, bite,chop,one. Down, bite, chomp, two! And so on.
7.Think positively. "I can do this, I can do this!"
8.Only eat health foods, throw out all the potato chips and soda. Time for trail mix and water!
9.Make sure to breath. Inhale through the nose, "heee", exhale through the mouth,"hooo".
10.Just do it! Do it!
11. Oh, and drink lots of water."
Here are some other great tips from a similar question asked on Yahoo! Answers:
- "get motivated, make a list of things you would like to do and need to do, cut them out and fold them up, put them in a cup and each day take one out and do it. If it is the weekend do 2 or 3 of them, you just need to be motivated."
I hope these tips have helped you, maybe you can use one of these tips and report back on how they worked!